The Maltese national broadcaster (PBS) have just published the preview videos for next year’s selection. Twenty semi-finalists are in the run to represent Malta in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest, amongst them two former Maltese representatives; Miriam Christine (1996) and Fabrizio Faniello (2001 & 2006).
Last month during a prime time TV show, PBS revealed the twenty acts that made it to the semi-final of the 2014 Malta Eurovision Song Contest. In this show each artist that qualified to the semi-final performed a snippet of the song.
In the past weeks all preview clips of the entries were shot and now got published by PBS. Click on each song in order to watch and listen to the respective entries that are in contention to fly the Maltese flag in Copenhagen.
The 20 semi-finalists (composer & author in brackets)
- Same kind of wonderful – Wayne William (Wayne William Micallef, Wayne William Micallef)
- City lady – Ryan Paul Abela (Paul Abela, Ryan Abela & Joe Julian Farrugia)
- Brand new day – Davinia Pace (Elton Zarb, Muxu)
- Let the sunshine in – Sophie Debattista (Sophie Debattista, Lou Mullen, Adam Pakard & Alexander Dew)
- Hypnotica – Jessica Muscat (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
- Invisible – Raquel Galdes (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
- One last ride – Daniel Testa (Stephen Rudden, Lawrence Peter Bridge)
- Pin the middle – De Bee (Peter Paul Galea, Debbie Stivala)
- Oblivion – Chris Grech (Philip Vella, Chris Grech & Gerard James Borg)
- Until we meet again – Deborah C (Elton Zarb, Muxu)
- Because I have you – Amber (Paul Giordimaina, Fleur Balzan)
- Love tricity – Christabelle Borg (Magnus Kaxe, Gerard James Borg)
- Coming home – Fire Light (Richard Micallef, Richard Micallef)
- Safe – Miriam Christine (Mark Scicluna, Emil Calleja Bayliss)
- Addictive – Romina Mamo (Linda Persson, Ylva Persson)
- Now and forever – Andreana Debattista (Vinny Vella, Karl Spiteri)
- Love will take me home – Franklin Calleja (Glen Vella, Beatrice Eriksson, Marcus Frenell & Michael James Down)
- Ten – Corazon (Paul Giordimaina, Fleur Balzan)
- Take me – Pamela (Boris Cezek, Boris Cezek)
- Just no place like home – Fabrizio Faniello (Johan Bejerholm, Johan Bejerholm)
The Maltese final will be held on the 8th of February, with the
semi-final the day before short listing the participants from 20 to 14.
In the last edition of the Eurovision Song Contest, Malta managed to get a good result with Gianluca ending up in a respectable 8th place.
You might also want to read: