Nicole’s win at the 1982 Eurovision Song Contest with Ein Bißchen Frieden sent her career rocketing and the young artist (at the time only 17 years old) quickly established herself as a force to be reckoned with on the German music scene. Her latest album, Radiomania, was recenlty released on the 14th of October.
With 22 albums under her belt, a catalogue of hits unmatched by any other German star, Nicole Seibert recently released her latest offering in the form of a compilation album entitled Radiomania. Consisting of no fewer than 20 tracks, the album features some of her major hits all from 2005 onwards. It would perhaps normally be expected as with the usual compliation albums that there is the usual balance of bona fide hits and rather a lot of album filler to pad out the release. Not so here.
Her latest offering is a rather personal gesture of gratitude, put together to thank fans and media alike, for supporting Nicole and her career, which has spanned 30 years. The star is without doubt the undisputed queen of German radio and since her rise to the top has been unsurpassable. All the tracks featured on Radiomania have managed to achieve a top 3 placing on the federal German music charts. Six of the featured tracks have reached the top spot, these being : Begleite Mich (Follow me), Mitten Ins Herz (Straight Through the Heart), Wer Weiß Denn Schon, Was Morgen Ist (Who Knows What Tomorrow Will Bring), Avalon, Ich Bleib Bei Dir (I’ll Stand By You) and Mach Die Augen Zu (Close Your Eyes). Many of her other hits have also gone on to form the soundtrack for a whole generation.
The tracklisting of Radiomania is as follows:
1. Mach Die Augen Zu (Close Your Eyes)
2. Ich Bleib Bei Dir (I’ll Stand By You)
3. Mit Leib und Seele (With Body and Soul)
4. Wer Weiß Denn Schon Was Morgen Ist (Who Knows What Tomorrow Brings)
5. P.s Ich Liebe Dich (P.S. I Love You)
6. Ich Schwöre (I Swear)
7. Naß Bis Auf Die Haut (Soaked To The Skin)
8. Du Bist Der Sommer (You’re Summer)
9. Tanz Diesen Walzer Mit Mir (Dance This Waltz With Me)
10. Ich Liebe Dich Ohne Ende (I’ll Keep On Loving You)
11. Engel Ohne Flügel (Angel Without Wings)
12. Meine Nummer 1 (My Number 1)
13. Mitten Ins Herz (Straight Through The Heart)
14. Grüß Mir Die Sonne (I Say Hello To The Sun)
15. Ich Tanz Auf Wolken (I’m Dancing on Clouds)
17. Der Erste Tag Ohne Dich (The First Day Without You)
18. Begleite Mich (Follow Me)
19. Alles Fließt (Everything Flows)
20. Hits Medley
Radiomania is a retrospective of Nicole’s illustrious career, highlighting her contribution to Schlager music in her own updated, inimitable style. The album has something for everyone, offering not only uptempo numbers, but also more than enough competent ballads to satisfy the need for melancholy in anyone. The album also features as a bonus track a medley, and Radiomania is in fact a prelude to her next studio album, which reportedly, she is currently beavering away on together with her production team and which is rumoured to be in the pipeline for release in 2012.