After two days of auditions, the Belarusian jury has selected the finalists to compete at the Eurofest 2015 to be held on the 26th of December. There are several familiar faces from previous Eurovision national finals among the fifteen acts and Alexander Rybak is on the list of composers.
BTRC, the national broadcaster of Belarus, has announced the names of the fifteen finalists for their national selection for the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest.
The auditions were held on the 4th and 5th of December and were for the first time broadcasted live at the official BTRC website. The webcast lasted more than eight hours and it was watched by users from more than seventy countries.
The professional jury reviewed and listened to a total of 89 hopefuls who performed live in front of them at the "600 meters" studio in Minsk. Among the jurors were Alexander Tikhanovich (singer), Vasili Rainchik (singer and musician), Elena Treshchinskaya (editor of radio Radius FM), Eugen Popkovich,(producer of Belarus 1 channel), Olga Ryzhkova (chief editor of Belarus 1 channel), Andrej Holodinski (musical editor of Radio-Roks) and Marianna Drabovich (head of the Department of Arts, Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus).
The finalists are:
1. Gunesh – I Believe In A Miracle (Music by G. Abasova. Lyrics by S. Geraskov)
2. Janet – Supernova (Music by Ylva Persson and Linda Persson. Lyrics by Ylva Persson, Linda Persson, William Taylor)
3. Alexey Gross – Stand as One (Music by A. Shirin, Y. Vashchuk. Lyrics by A. Shirin)
4. Daria – Love Is My Colour (Music by L. Antonova. Lyrics by P. Baranovsky)
5. Valeria Sadovskaya– Summer Love (Music by L. Shirin. Lyrics by A. Shirin)
6. UZARI & MAIMUMA – Time (Music by Y. Navrotsky. Lyrics by S. Geraskov)
7. MILKI – Accent (Music by A. Rybak. Lyrics by A. Rybak, Y. Rakitin)
8. Yana Butskevich & Muzzart – Only Dance (Music by V. Krutikov. Lyrics by Y. Butskevich)
9. Beatrys – Fighter (Music and Lyrics by L. Klochko)
10. Napoli – My Dreams (Music and Lyrics by O. Shimanskaya and A. Zarevich)
11. Tasha ODI – Giving Up Your Love (Music by Ylva Persson, Linda Persson, Peter Hageras. Lyrics by Ylva Persson, Linda Persson, Niclas Haglund)
12. Lis – Angel (Music by D. Lis. Lyrics by D.Lis and D. Minin)
13. Rostany – Electric Toys (Music and Lyrics by V. Rudenko)
14. Anastasia Malashkevich – Don’t save my name (Music by P. Klyshevsky. Lyrics by P. Klyshevsky, A. Vahomchik)
15. Vitaly Voronko – Drive (Music by V. Voronko, V. Kubyshkin. Lyrics by V. Voronko)
There are many familiar names in the line-up such as Alexey Gross, Gunesh, Janet, Napoli or Uzari.
Alexander Rybak, the Norwegian winner of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, is the composer of the song Accent which will be performed by the girl band Milki (from the Belarusian world for "cute"). In the last few weeks, Rybak was looking for talented singers and organized different auditions in four cities of Belarus. Among the hundreds of girls who auditioned, he picked these five talented girls.
The running order draw will take place tomorrow and the national final will be held on the 26th of December and the winner will become the Belarusian representative at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest to be held in Vienna.
You can listen to some of the songs in the videos below.
You might also like to read: