ERR has revealed the artists and songs taking part at the upcoming Eesti Laul 2015. A total of 219 entries were submitted for this year’s national selection which is a new record number for the Estonian broadcaster. An internal jury reviewed all the songs and selected the top twenty.
The number of submissions has grown since Eesti Laul started seven years ago and, earlier this week, Estonian broadcaster announced that they had received a record number of 219 submissions for this year’s national selection.
Heidy Purga, producer of Eesti Laul, was proud after having received such a high number of entries and she said that "Eesti Laul is a unique event, which artists set their sights on". Meanwhile, Mart Normet, head of entertainment stated that "everyone is here: the good old artists as well as new talents. The competition will be fierce".
The best twenty acts will participate in the national selection and they were chosen internally among all the submitted entries. Their names were announced at the Ringvaade show hosted by Marko Reikop.
Below you can see the names of the twenty semi-finalists, their song’s titles and the composers.
1. Daniel Levi – Burning Lights (Daniel Levi Viinalass)
2. The Blurry Lane – Exceptional (Kristina Bianca Rantala)
3. Elina Born & Stig Rästa – Goodbye To Yesterday (Stig Rästa)
4. Liis Lemsalu & Egert Milder – Hold On (Liis Lemsalu, Madis Lett, Egert Milder, Henri Kuusk, Rob Montes)
5. Kali Briis Band – Idiot (Alan Olonen)
6. NimmerSchmidt – Kellega ma tutvusin? (Fredy Schmidt, Andero Nimmer)
7. Miina – Kohvitassi lugu (Miina Rikka)
8. Mari – Kolm päeva tagasi (Mariliis Jõgeva)
9. Bluestocking – Kordumatu (Maria Soikonen)
10. Demie feat. Janice – Kuum (Raimo Ugast, Jaanika Merelaht)
11. Wilhelm – Light Up Your Mind (Anett Kulbin, Paul Neitsov, Jorven Viilik)
12. Luisa Värk – Minu päike (Mikk Tammepõld, Luisa Värk)
13. Karl-Erik Taukar – Päev korraga (Karl-Erik Taukar, Mark-Eric Kammiste, Fred Krieger)
14. Airi Vipulkumar Kansar – Saatuse laul (Urmas Kõiv, Anneli Kõiv)
15. Elisa Kolk – Superlove (Vahur Valgmaa)
16. Triin Niitoja & John4 – This Is Our Choice (Jaanus Saago, Triin Niitoja)
17. Kruuv – Tiiu talu tütreke (Allan Kasuk)
18. Robin Juhkental & The Big Bangers – Troubles (Robin Juhkental & The Big Bangers)
19. Elephants From Neptune – Unriddle Me (Jon-Arnold Mikiver, Robert Linna, Rain Joona, Markko Reinberg)
20. Maia Vahtramäe – Üle vesihalli taeva (Olav Osolin)
Among the participants we find some familiar faces such as Robin Juhkental who represented Estonia in 2010 as the lead singer of the band Malcolm Lincoln or Elina Born, Stig Rästa and Liiss Lemsalu who have taken part in Eesti Laul in previous years.
The 2015 Estonian selection will consist of three shows. The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 14th of February with ten entries competing in each show. The top five from each semi will qualify to the final but only three acts will proceed to the super final which is scheduled for the 21st of February.
Most of the songs are available to listen on ERR website but you can listen to some of them in the videos below.
You might also like to read:
- Eurovision 2015: the acts we know so far
- EBU gives the go-ahead for building Greek bridge to Vienna
- The 28 acts in Melodifestivalen known