Tonight the first semi-final of Festival da Cançã, the Portugese national selection was held. A total of 12 participants competed for six spots in the final on Saturday. Thursday yet another six participants will pass making a line-up of 12 in total with a chance to represent Portugal at the Eurovision Song Contest.
The first semi-final was hosted by Sílvia Alberto.
1. Nucha – Chuva (Marios Gligoris/Nuno Valério)
First song is a ballad. Nucha represented Portugal at the 1990 Eurovision Song Contest.
2. Ouro – Arco-íris dentro de mim (José Castanheira, Jan Van Dijck/Paulo Abreu Lima)
The singer is strong. The sound is ethnic.
3. Claudisabel – Contra tudo e todos (Jordi Cubino/Luis André Florindo)
A really nice slow song. She got the ticket for this semifinal by winning an internet voting on RTP’s website.
4. Filipa Azevedo – Há dias assim (Augusto Madureira)
Filipa alone on stage with piano. The vocal performance is emotional.
5. Jorge Guerreiro – Ai Lisboa (José Félix/Catarina Martins)
A salsa song on stage with folk music.
6. Dennisa – Meu mundo de sonhos (Barreto, João Sanguinheira/João Novo)
This is up-tempo pop song on stage.
7. Nuno Pinto – Fogo lento (Américo Faria)
Nuno Pinto brings a mid-tempo song now. Nuno has a strong voice.
8. Filipa Galvão Telles – O amor não sabe (José Campos Sousa/António Tinoco)
Another slow song on stage. There is a saxophone with classic dance performance.
9. The Agency – É assim que as coisas são (The Agency)
And yet another ballad. The members of The Agency are dressed in black suits and white shoes.
10. Gonçalo Madruga – Cores de um mundo (Gonçalo Madruga)
Do you believe it, another ballad!
11. Evelyne Filipe – A tua voz (Joachim V. Windsant, Maarten ten Hove/Evelyne Filipe)
Evelyne was one of Vânia’s backing singers for the Eurovision Song
Contest held in Belgrade in 2008. She is wearing a white dress on
12. Vanessa – Alvorada (Nuno Feist/Nuno Marques da Silva)
A nice ballad song on stage. She has got a strong voice.
All acts have now been performed and the voting is starting together with a recap now shown on TV.
After the voting is closed there is a nice dance show on stage.
And here is the result:
Filipa Galvão Telles,
Vanessa go to final!
The second semi final of Festival da Canção takes place on 4th March. Come back to to EuroVisionary for more information.