Malta have announced the finalists to take part in the 2011 Eurosong to see who will represent them at the Eurovision Song Contest in Germany. There are some familiar names including the return of Fabrizio Faniello.
The Malta selection will take place at the Mediterannean Conference Centre over 2 days with the semi final consisting of 24 songs on 11 February and the final with 16 songs on 12 February.
Claudia Faniello, Eleanor Cassar and Glen Vella and former Junior Eurovision singer, Sophie Debattista.
There is a combination of established acts like Claudia Faniello, Eleanor Cassar, Glen Vella and J. Anvil. Fabrizio Faniello will try again after representing Malta at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2001 and 2006. New singers like Amber, who recently won the KKI Festival and Domenique Azzopardi, who has a song composed by Eurovision legend, Ralph Siegel.
The 24 songs selected are
01. Amber – Catch 22 (Ray Agius, Godwin Sant)
02. Jessica Muscat – Down Down Down (Philip Vella, Jessica Muscat)
03. Wayne Micallef – Everybody Sing (Wayne Micallef, Wayne Micallef)
04. Richard Edwards – Finally (Jan Van Dijck, Richard Micallef)
05. Cherise Grixti – Heart of Glass (Philip Vella, Gerard James Borg)
06. Marilena Gauci featuring Michael Henry– He’s a Demon (Michael Henry, Anthony Grech)