The past two days FYR Macedonia has eliminated 16 songs in the attempt to find their entry for the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest. Just as many are still in the running to represent the country in Moscow. Tonight the winner of the 2009 SkopjeFest will be decided in a combination of jury vote and televoting.
FYR Macedonia use a format of a three days show to pick their Eurovision Song Contest entry. The first two days the 32 songs are cut down to 16. These 16 remaining songs will compete in the grand final tonight. The winner will be found in a 50/50 combination of jury and televoting.
The 16 songs left to battle it out tonight from 20:30 CET are:
- Next Time – Nešto Što Ke Ostane
- Risto Samardžiev & Zoran Džorlev – 103 Beli Lebedi
- Sleng – Gengsta Oro
- Proekt Makedonija – Pomalku Naivno
- Daniel – Sila Na Ljubovta
- Andrijana Janevska – Drvo Bez Koren
- Kostadin Papa – Za Nea Postojam
- Verče Pandilovska – Severno Od Mene, Južno Od Tebe
- Naum Petreski & Kaliopi – Rum Dum Dum (Zbogum)
- Vlatko Lozanoski – Blizku Do Mene
- Aleksandar Belov – Sastani, Solzi Izbriši
- Bravo Band – Devojko
- Vlatko Ilievski – Najbogat Vo Svet
- Kristijan – Nema Da Zboram
- Rok Agresori – Ding Dong
- Dejan Trifunovski – Ljubovta Doaga
The favourites for tonight are Naum Petreski & Kaliopi singing Rum Dum Dum (Zbogum) as this became the overall topscorer with 24 points. Second with 22 points are Next Time’s Nešto Što Ke Ostane. In the following places we find Risto Samardžiev & Zoran Džorlev – 103 Beli Lebedi with 19 points, latko Lozanoski – Blizku Do Mene with 18 points, Sleng – Gengsta Oro with 15 points, Aleksandar Belov – Sastani, Solzi Izbriši with 15 points and Bravo Band – Devojko also with 15 points.
FYR Macedonia is one of those countries who doesn’t have much problems qualifying for the final of the Eurovision Song Contest as they have been in it every year since 1998 – except from last year where they finished 10th in the semi-final and under the traditional rules would have qualified. As the song finishing 10th in the semi-final could be voted out if the jury disagreed with the viewers this fate hit the Balkan country when Sweden’s Charlotte Perrelli got the last spot for the final due to jury vote.